Monday, March 24, 2008

Welcome To Moe's

Last week was rough... not enough sleep made the 9-5 (or in my case 7-4:30) work day drag on with much pain and some near sleeping at my desk moment.  I may had slept through a lunch break or two in my car at the park.  Such was my plan on Friday... I had a piece of pizza in the fridge at work for my lunch and then off I was to the park where I would happily slumber.  I cooked up this plan around 8:30 and could hardly wait until 12 to get my nap. 

I don't know how or why but when the time came I was too excited to think of food and I jumped in the car, started the engine and off I went.  Big mistake because no sooner had I pulled out of the parking lot my stomach spoke in a very clear manner that it was it's intention to eat and if I didn't provide some sort of sustenance it would turn on the other organs.  I debated turning around but laziness dictated me to continue on to the nearest drive thru.  

And that is when I saw it... a yellow and red sign that simply read: MOE'S.  Could it be?  Is it possible? Now, I am not gonna lie to you... I have been to Moe's Southwestern Grill before.  It's OK food.  Not my absolute favorite but for some reason, on this sunny Friday afternoon, nothing was more appealing (not even my most beloved nap) then a taco, some chips and salsa, and a sunny patio.  Maybe it was simply the new lunch time food option, but as I sat eating my happy little lunch (all purchased at the low, low price of $3.39) I felt content.  Silly as it may be, as I walked away, I couldn't help but turn around to get one last look at Moe's... and snap this picture.  

2 comments:

natj said...

Funny what food (or lack thereof) will do to you. I still remember making and eating dinner with you at 9:00 a.m. after I had talked you out of going to your classes for the day. Oh what a good roommate I was...

Tropicanna said...

Wow! That is one well-priced meal! Next time I'm in town you have to take me to Moe's :)