Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Frosty the Snowman

FACT: Marisa does not do crafts.  She doesn't scrapbook, stamp, make wreaths, flower arrangements, cute little signs or decorations... frankly, she can't really draw or cut a straight line. 

So tonight at YW's when we had the girls making scripture bags,  I was kinda relieved that we were 1 bag short, leaving me free from the task of making one.  All that ribbon and glitter paint was making me a bit nauseous.  Still, the responsible (ha ha) adult made me feel like I needed to do SOMETHING productive while the everyone else worked on their bags. We had some little finger puppets/ornaments that the girls could make as well if they had time left... so I thought, I can make a finger puppet.  Surely I could handle a tiny little ornament.  So there he is... Frosty... hanging on the tree.  He is cute right?!?!   Yeah, ummm... that's b/c it's small, the picture is fuzzy,  and the mood lighting from the Christmas tree makes him look slightly airbrushed.  
Now if you look at us in the light you will see him for the crippled snow man he is... arms too long (the instruction SAID, "cut 2- 1" sections for the arms," crooked smile, doofy hat,  silly ear muffs... I do like his little scarf though.  I will say unless you saw him up close and personal you couldn't really see how ghetto he really is. 

Oh well, I guess I will go back to my life motto... why make when you can buy.  

Merry Christmas!!!!

1 comment:

Tropicanna said...

I love you! This is why we are friends. And- I'm glad you updated :)